“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true!" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am finally living my dream! My name is Sarah Edgar, and ever since I was 6 years old all I ever wanted to do was be an exchange student, but as I grew older I thought I would never be able to be a high school exchange student. Here I am today, a junior in high school, who is currently studying abroad in Bosnia i Herzegovina, in the lovely city of Sarajevo!!

If you had asked me at the beginning of sophomore year would I go and study abroad, my junior year in high school, I would have replied,'
“1. No, there is NO way my parents are letting me out of this state, all by myself, at age 15, never mind the country.
2. I will not let myself miss the most important year in my high school career.
3. my parents aren't going to pull, $15,000 out of their pockets, and hand it to me saying, “Go study abroad in country that you know nothing about.""

Well, through YES Abroad, which is funded by the State Department, my parents are saying goodbye to their "little girl" and I am allowing myself to give up my junior year "Dream" of taking AP and Dual Credit classes to study abroad and have a cultural exchange. At least my parents didn't have to dish out $15,000!! :)

God has given me such an amazing opportunity, He has opened so many doors for me, and it is INCREDIBLE!!! I can't wait to see where this journey takes me!! I would love for you to follow my journey through this blog, which I will be keeping updated every few weeks! Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Friendship isn't about being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes!"

Well, my time in America has come to a close! I will be departing in a matter of hours! I can't believe how fast my life can change! It seems as though it was just yesterday that I read about my program! 

I have enjoyed my last few days in the States by spending some quality time with friends and family! I loved getting I see everyone at my going away party, and I can't wait to see you all again! 

Wednesday night was definitely the hardest! Saying goodbye to me closest friends was harder than I imagined!! I am so glad that I have such amazing friends who have supported me!! I can't wait to come  back and tell you all my stories!

I also appreciate Logan County High School for working with me! Mr. Jaynes was so helpful in these last few weeks with my questions and figuring out how to keep me enrolled! 

My journey has been kinda smooth! Last night was soooo hectic, trying to get the last few things done, my suitcase broke at 11PM, I misplaced my debit card and couldn't find it for 30 min. and my suitcase was 2 pounds over the limit !!! Does anyone know how stressful it is to pack for ten months, in which there is a very harsh winter involved that you must pack for!!! The worse part is, that I am known to over pack, so that lovely skill of mine does not help  in the area of packing for ten months! But never fear, we got it to the weight!! 

Well, I am going I have to cut this short, but thank you everyone for being so supportive!! I am blessed I have such an amazing community!!

Until next time, 
Sarah Edgar

No comments:

Post a Comment